Saturday, February 20, 2016

The Little Distractions In Life That Bring Joy


Too many times in life we are too busy and caught up in stress and worry that we forget to treasure the moment we are living in and lose out on the gift that's right before us. Whenever something happens at work or I get in a fight with my husband I let it bother me for hours or even days. I let it distract me and worry me when there isn't anything I can do further anyway. I miss out on all the chances that pass me by and I hate that feeling. So whenever I see something small I try to grab it. My husband and I try to take advantage of living in LA as much as we can, going to the Zoo or Griffith Park or the Observetory - whatever we can find. New and fun things.
Get silly and be creative. We were at Target the other night picking up a few things and I found something in the front savings section. For 3$ they had a "paint your own pet rock," I thought it was so cute and so silly. It was a turtle too, I am a Cancer and I thing a turtle fits me better than a crab. So I grabbed it and took it home to paint. It was ridiculously fun and I got to be creative too. It made me smile and now I have a little reminder sitting on my nightstand to take a breath and smile. Next time you start feeling lost in the storm or the next time you see something new and silly present itself - take advantage. Take a chance. Live a little, no one else is going to live for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment