Monday, March 14, 2016

My Joy - The Story of 15 Tattoos

We all have stories to tell; something that has always fascinated me is the way art can tell a story without having to speak or even elicit words. To me, that's what tattoos are. Works of art, whose canvas is the human body. The tradition goes back to the beginning of civilization in one form or another. People have always felt the need to put something permanently on their body, sometimes for others to see and sometimes not. It has been done as part of tradition, as an expression of self, to stand for or symbolize something, but always to mean something. Every tattoo I have ever gotten I have put thought into. Each one means something different and important to me. All of them, in some way, represent a piece of joy that I want to carry with me forever. I would like to walk you through the 15 tattoos I have, so far, and what they mean to me and why. Along the way we can learn some of the history and science behind tattoos as well. Maybe by sharing the story of my art I can inspire Joy in someone else. Here goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment