Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Sometimes Off The Beaten Path Is The Best & Surest Route

One of my favorite things to do is go hiking, it is the closest to feeling free that I have ever felt. It's like the world melting away and there being nothing left except you, your companions and nature. There is so much you can learn, both about the world and about yourself. At the beginning of the trail I was on the other day I saw this marker sign that signaled the start of the trail. It was graffitied but still stood strong, showing the way. Not too far up from that point there split off to the left a dirt wash that curved around ahead to meet up once again with the trail of asphalt going to the right and curving slightly back left. I took these shots and they got me thinking afterwards. We took the normal asphalt path that eventually went to gravel and then dirt but the whole time we were next to that dirt wash I wanted to be walking over there. I don't know why, I've always been like that. I like walking for miles in flip flops for fun, I go out of my way to find the rocks and roots on the hiking trail to jump on and climb over and I love taking the hard and rough path. I should have taken that route. Oh well, next time. The point though is that sometimes the way to go in life isn't on the trail. Sometimes you need to go off the trail and take the dirt path. Life isn't scripted and living in the moment means taking whatever way is right at the time. Take the dirt path when it feels right, it's your life and your decisions. Never limit yourself by the paths that others have left behind. Don't be afraid to break your own ground and make your own way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment