Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Joyful Jenny #5 - Your Happy Place


Well, it's Wednesday. The middle of the week. Which can also be one of the hardest days of the week. I am kind of freaking out right now. Later today, I am getting pulled out of school for an appointment with the doctor who is making my prosthetic eye, which is a good thing. But the appointments are so uncomfortable. It's weird. But anyway, I know that it'll all be worth it at the end. I'll have two eyes and they'll be the same color! That has always been my biggest insecurity. But either way, I am still terrified of the whole situation. You know what though? I shouldn't be. When things like this happen, it's best to stay calm. The more I think about it, the more I stress. So I just think about my happy place. My happy place contains music, friends, family, and a nice mellow setting to just relax and hang out. Your happy place is your escape. It can make you feel better in almost any situation. It can be anything. When I was younger, my happy place was a land made out of deserts. But it can change anytime. As long as it gives you that alright feeling, it's all good. This literally works with anyone. I remember when I would always get my shots, I take a deep breath and just think aboutmy happy place. I still do, actually. It might sound weird, but I actually enjoy getting shots now. I just think that having a mind full of good and happy thoughts can really help with a positive outlook in
life. I know that it helps me. Always! People sometimes ask me why I am so calm. It's probably because I was thinking about my happy place. Just don't let it distract you so much when you're doing something important for school or work. That's probably not a good idea. Haha.
Find your joy in a happy place. Whenever you are feeling stressed out, worried, or just really bad in any way... Think about your happy place. It will most definitely bring a smile to your face. That's another way to find some joy in your life. I'm sure many people do it. I do. You should give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment