Monday, March 2, 2015

Meaningful Monday's


Just like about everyone else on earth, I hate Monday. I spend most of Sunday evening trying to make myself somehow forget that I have to get up early and work the next day. Don't get me wrong, I love my job so much and enjoy it for the most part, minus the complications at the moment. I am proud of what I do and who I work for. I haven't been able to say that for a while. But Monday's are still Monday's. This week was made especially worse by everything happening at work. I spent the whole weekend dreading having to come back today and face the situation head on. The worst part is the waiting in limbo for everything to get taken care of. Now there are many employees involved, it's not just something I reported. Either way, I am still afraid to have to face people after they begin to find out what happened or they hear rumors that I'm sure will start circulating. So this Monday is doubly awkward. Or is it really?
My partner has been telling me all day that there is no point in being upset or anxious, the problem is being taken care of and I did the right thing. I shouldn't worry because I did what others were too afraid or intimidated to do themselves. To me, I just wanted to stand up for myself and the other countless number of people I know have been affected. Monday's are never fun. Unless you make them. Like my partner kept telling me today, look at it the other way. You have an awesome job, you have me, you have your truck, you have a job you love and there are many people on your side he kept telling me. It's hard to take your own advice sometimes. Every situation has two sides or two ways of looking at it. You can see only the negative or you can choose to acknowledge all that negative and use it to build your strength while paying attention to the positive things. Hold on to that hope; find it and never let go. Don't let things get you down. If they start to get to you stop and jot down a note. In a few words write down what is driving you crazy and intruding on your joyful day. Letting it out and putting it on paper always helps. When you do, look at what you wrote. Reword it to feel better and encourage yourself. You are your own coach. Instead of thinking why are all these terrible things happening to me think about the positive things you have and feel and choose to live by them instead. There are two sides to every coin, every situation. It's your choice whether to look at heads or tails. 
Last night I didn't sleep very well and I had a really hard time falling asleep. When we went to Wal Mart I picked up two tulips for 98 cents each and two little planters for a dollar apiece. Less than 4$ total. While I was watching tv last night I sat in the doorway leading outside and focused on bringing life back to these beautiful flowers. For less than 5$ I found something I could do that was both productive, relaxing and healthy. Growing your own plant or flower is always an amazing feeling. It's not much work, just checking it daily. But if you care for it right you will see it blossom into something beautiful. Watching it grow through the storms and cold is a reminder of just how resilient nature is, and we are a part of nature. Tonight I'll water and check on them and over time I'll watch them grow strong. So small and yet so profound and inspiring. Find a small plant. Get an aloe plant, those are so easy to care for and they can be used for cuts and burns at home. If it dies then start again, learn from your mistake. Try something new. This small distraction will help inspire hope and strength, if you open up your eyes and mind enough to see it and then to grab hold for yourself. 
Do you grow anything? How do you deal with Monday's? This is a community of joy, we're all here to support each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment