Sunday, March 8, 2015

Open Your Eyes to the Joy Curled Up Right Next To You


Look around you, look closely. It's easy to see the love and joy around us if we only take a moment to really look at our world. As I've noted before love takes an infinite number of forms in an infinite number of different ways. Each of our experiences with love are unique and individual. Find joy where you can, find joy where it is. With my partner being away for another six days I feel weighed down and in a fog. Without him here to help me open up, help me cope, help me understand myself and the people around me and help me deal with life I feel as if I am lost. I remind myself that I have been alone before, for long periods of time. Yes, he makes me better and yes with him I am a better more complete person, but I can still cope, survive and even thrive while he is away for a few days. I believe that he really is my missing puzzle piece. Where everyone else has failed, including my parents, he has learned who I am and how I think and what I mean when I say and do the things I do. He helps me control myself, and if I get dangerously close to putting myself in harms way he knows the right way to take control and gently guide me down. While he's gone it's tough, but I know I can do it. I can do it and I can stay as strong as I was before without wavering. Fear and anxiety weaken us, joy and hope give us strength. My little therapy dog, little Miss Daenerys Stormborn, is a gift from the universe. She has her own little spastic anxiety but somehow we are connected, we even have the same June birthday. I swear we feel things at the same time as well as feel whatever the other is feeling. With my partner gone I seek solace in the things I enjoy and the things that comfort me. I take solace in the love of Miss Stormborn. Just because her love comes from a body with four legs doesn't make it any less powerful than the love from the people closest to me. Don't be blinded, don't forget that joy is always hiding right in front of us where we always look but never pay attention. Take a peek, see what you find there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment