Saturday, February 21, 2015

Get Out And Do Something, There's A Whole World Out There To Explore


People I know are always commenting to me about how my partner and I are always out doing things and going places. My friends on the Facebook are always surprised to see the pictures I post on the weekends and most of the time during the week too. I guess it surprises me so much because to me it's just normal. That's how I grew up, how my brother and I were raised to be. And I've stayed like that even as an adult. That natural curiosity and wonder of the world around me is what drives me and keeps me happy and interested in life. What's the point in trying to be joyful when we don't open ourselves up to new  and different experiences. We should always be trying something new. Yea it's easier to just sleep in and lie around all day watching movies and TV on your day off, but where does that get you besides feeling even more miserable in the end because you didn't accomplish anything. Not even anything for yourself. The time we have to ourselves or to spend with loved ones is a blessing, one that isn't renewable. This day will never come again and soon we will reach the day where there are no more tomorrow's. You won't be able to go back and fix things, change things or redo things. Don't give yourself the chance to have regrets. 
There are things all around us to do every day. There are parks all over, find a different one and go for a fifteen minute walk on your way home or on that lazy Saturday afternoon. Walk around the neighborhood and see what there is to see. Notice the small things that you normally just glance right over. Get online, look up free things to do. There's always museums, malls, concerts, events, shows and an infinite amount of other things. Find what you like. Find something you don't like and go try it out. Challenge yourself, push yourself. There are always things to do, you just have to get up of your ass and do them instead of complaining and wishing your life were easier or different. Everyday my partner and I take Daenerys on at least a one and a half to two mile walk. We change it up and go to different parks or different neighborhoods every day. I normally take the freeway most of the way to work, yesterday instead I took Sepulveda Blvd all the way. It ended up not taking me any longer and I enjoyed the change in scenery while I was listening to my music and drinking my morning cup of coffee. It's the little things that count and matter. Make a small change, do something small. Go play a game of miniature golf or go walk around the zoo. Go to the Natural History Museum or go see a documentary in IMAX. It's all up to you, the choice is in your hands. What's the point in envying others and the lives they lead when we have every opportunity to make ours just as exciting. Today we drove to the LA County Fairgrounds, a trip that took at least an hour, but it was worth it. We went to the Pet Spectacular expo, the same one we went to last year. All we had to pay for was parking. It was a beautiful day too, so even in the car we got to talk and laugh and listen to music. Dany got herself a little miss princess collar too. Have fun. Go do something. Spend twenty dollars on a dorky silly activity with your friends or loved one instead of buying that extra Blu-Ray, video game or meal out you don't really need. You're free time is your own, but in the end you can only hold yourself accountable if you miss out on the life you wish you had lived. Make your own adventure, no one else will.

No comments:

Post a Comment